Digital asset funds: Unique in nature and highly complex. We add significant experience to the sector. We capture and normalize transactions to ensure timely and accurate reporting through manual and automated reconciliation. Direct connectivity (via API) with the leading exchanges within the industry. Bolder processes and procedures are designed to eliminate inefficiencies, provide oversight and execute at the highest service levels.
In addition to the full range of services listed below, our cryptocurrency service includes:
- Assist with set-up and fund launch;
- Professionals who understand your business and the industry;
- Highly experienced with high frequency trading, indexing, arbitrage and other crypto trading strategies;
- Cold/hardware wallets, OTS transactions, DeFi platforms, ICOs experience;
- Full transaction ledger;
- API integration and data feeds with major exchanges; and
- In-kind capital transactions.
As a specialist provider of fund administration services, we understand the challenges that our clients face in today’s environment: the continuously changing requirements for managing a fund and increasingly complex reporting duties. Our knowledgeable and experienced teams fully understand the characteristics of a broad range of investment funds.
Our goal is to ensure that our clients can solely concentrate on the management of their funds’ portfolios, rather than on back-office operations. We offer a complete range of fund accounting and administration services for Digital Currency Funds:
- Processing trade and non-trade related transactions via exchange transaction ledger and wallets;
- Preparing books of account by compiling accounting records from independent sources, reconciling account statements and balances, pricing the
- portfolio, calculating income and expense accruals and fees and calculating the Net Asset Value of participations;
- Computation of independent valuation and track Investments via exchange, wallets etc;
- Computation of management / performance fees, and other fees (if applicable);
- Computation of interest charge calculations and allocations, tracking return of capital, rates of return, etc.;
- Computation of gain/loss and in kind hurdle transactions;
- Computation income and expense accruals;
- Reconcile transactions via cold/hot wallets;
- Computation and process net asset values (NAVs);
- Liaise with external providers;
- Computation and disbursement of fees; and
- Publishing of the NAV (if required).
Special care is given to accurate and swift communication with the funds’ investors, ensuring a smooth and satisfactory service while helping our clients to create a sound reputation for their funds. Our investor relation team provides a full range of registrar, transfer agency and investor relation services:
- Acting as the Fund’s registrar and transfer agent;
- Maintenance of the register of investors and related documents;
- Maintenance of capital account balances for partnerships;
- Processing of all subscriptions, contributions, redemptions, withdrawals, and in kind transfers;
- Know-Your-Customer and Anti-Money-Laundering identification procedures;
- Assistance with the investment and payment process;
- Investor communication; and
- Collecting client due diligence.
We provide middle office services so that our clients can leverage our expertise and in turn free up in-house resources, allowing them to stay focused on their primary investment objectives:
- Daily corporate action processing
- Daily prime broker position, proceeds/cash and trade reconciliation
- Reconciled T+1 P&L reporting
- Trade and position break reporting
- Ad-hoc trades and position activity reporting
In a time of increasing regulatory changes and growing investor needs, we understand that timely and accurate reporting is essential for stakeholders. We meet our clients’ reporting needs, including the provision of financial, regulatory and tax reporting services:
Bolder works with external software vendors and have developed a bespoke application that prepares and compiles financial statements under IFRS and (Dutch, Luxembourg and Local GAAP, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Also: Preparation of unaudited financial statements in conformity with relevant accounting standards.
We directly provide the relevant regulatory bodies in the domicile of a fund with appropriate financial information in the required format and at the correct interval (as prescribed by law). In addition, we can assist fund managers in meeting their respective regulatory requirements:
- Reporting in compliance with AIFMD;
- Reporting conform the AEOI requirements;
- Fund Annual Returns (FAR);
- Form PF reporting assistance;
- Blue Sky filing assistance; and
- Compiling data for other regulatory reporting.
Bolder provides the necessary reports and support to fund managers in order to produce the required investor tax reports. We can also provide the relevant tax authority with information specific to the holdings of a fund. Examples:
- FATCA & CRS returns;
- Communication with local tax authorities or IRS;
- Investor classification and identification of investors to be compliant with U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA/ OECD’s AEOI);
- Classification and registration of funds with the local tax authorities;
- Gap – analysis (for existing structures) to identify if further information is required;
- Registration of the funds with the IRS and local tax authorities;
- K-1 reporting assistance;
- Acting as the FATCA Reporting Officer; and
- Other duties under CRS or FATCA.
Bolder assists clients to navigate through the regulatory and legislative environment in multiple jurisdictions by offering a full range of corporate and legal services. Our local presence and in-depth local expertise ensures clients to receive services of the highest quality. In addition, we can recommend third party service providers in most jurisdictions.
We provide a comprehensive range of incorporation and set-up services in major fund jurisdictions like the Netherlands, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Luxembourg:
- Advice on the type of structure;
- Drafting of the offering and constitutional documents;
- Assistance in opening of bank, custody and brokerage accounts;
- Assistance in obtaining business or professional authorization and tax registration;
- Obtaining security identifiers;
- Coordination with other service providers such as auditors, banks, legal advisers and public notaries; and
- Set-up of a management company.
Our Bolder legal team provides on-going legal services to funds:
- Organization and recording of board and shareholders’ meetings;
- Submission of reports to local authorities;
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns;
- Assistance in the opening of bank, custody and brokerage accounts;
- Review and preparation of corporate legal documents;
- Liaising with local legal and tax advisers; and
- Assistance with liquidations or re-domiciliations.
The Bolder staff of each location has an extensive knowledge and provides a full range of domiciliation services:
- Registered agent, registered office and secretarial services;
- Registration with local authorities;
- Provision of local directors for the (day-to-day) management of a fund;
- Maintenance of register of shareholders and members; and
- Protection and archiving of corporate documents and records as required by law.
AML OFFICER SERVICES (MLRO, DMLRO and AMLCO roles)
- Appointment of Anti Money Laundering Officer and/or (deputy) money laundering reporting officer of the fund;
- Establishment of appropriate controls and reporting procedures to prevent money laundering;
- Set up of sanctions compliance program to screen against applicable sanction lists;
- Maintaining adequate systems to identify risk in relation to persons, countries and activities; and
- Adoption of risk based approach to monitor financial activities.
Our Treasury management team will work with our clients to initiate the opening of the fund or company bank account with one of our premier financial institutions. Our Treasury management team follows international standards, while ensuring a segregation of duties with independent transaction preparation, review and release of wires.
- Bank account setup and maintenance;
- Wire Transactions, cash reconciliation and compliance;
- Transfer balances for investments;
- Expense payments, accruals and budgeting;
- Independent controls; and